Last Login: 5/4/2013 10:26:48 AM
Hi folks, just writing to show one off one of the new features with this forum -> Tags.
- If you post a technical question about your engine, "engine" might be a good tag to put in.
- If you post something about basket weaving, then maybe "basket" and "weaving" would be good tags?
- You can also use multi-word tags such as "tire pressure".
- There are a number of good reasons to tag your posts:
Hmmm...what shall I tag this post with?
- It helps when folks are searching for something you've written about. The search algorithm looks at the Subject, Message Body, and Tags to determine relevant results. Put tags in place that you think folks would search for that apply to your post.
- Using the Tags link. Sometimes it's just fun to look at what people are tagging, so you can click on one and find all the relevant posts.
- Search engines love the additional keywords, so your post may become more relevant in Google, Bing, and/or Yahoo searches.
- Much like any other section of the forums (another topic for another day), you can subscribe to a tag via an RSS feed...so you can be notified if anyone else generates topics and/or replies based on your tag.
- You can tag a reply just as you can a topic.
Aholics.com: Addicts / Twitter / Facebook
Al Bsharah: Twitter / Blog
Embarke.com / Twitter